Good Monday morning everyone! We have 1 month of fall treats and then we switch gears to yummy, savory dishes for Thanksgiving!
This time of year, every coffee shop has their version of a pumpkin latte. Todays fresh lifestyle Monday recipe is a perfect pick me up to substitute those sugary pumpkin lattes from a coffee shop stop!
The best part of this recipe is that you get some sweetness but omit the overbearing pumps of flavor syrups.
- Pumpkin: Aside from being perfect for pie and carving, pumpkin is known for being rich in Vitamin A and antioxidants. It’s very nutrient dense + low calorie count..although I have no idea how to count calories!
- Heavy Cream: Full fat dairy products are rich in nutrients including fat-soluble vitamins.
- Coconut Sugar: Retains nutrients when made versus white sugar that contains none.
Pumpkin Cream Latte
2 espresso shots
1/3 cup Heavy Cream
1 TBSP Pumpkin Puree
Coconut Sugar (to taste)
Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- Prepare 2 espresso shots in your favorite mug.
- Froth heavy cream with a steam frother or whip with hand mixer until thickened. Stir in pumpkin puree to the thickened cream.
- Pour pumpkin cream mixture into espresso and stir gently.
- Add coconut sugar to taste.
- Top with grated nutmeg
- Enjoy hot!