When it hits 80 degrees in Minnesota, its officially summer and we’re ready to rock! The little was born in January and there is no impending renovation deadline looming so we are OFFICIALLY going to enjoy our new hood!
In January of 2017 we purchased our first North Oaks, MN property but with a huge renovation and the cold winter, we didn’t get to spend much of our free time enjoying the area. Merely watching all the outdoor fun through the car window as we drove through the neighborhood! Avid paddle board and kayakers, spending time at the lake was top on our list for the summer!
There are tons of activities open to the residents of North Oaks and, being that it is a private neighborhood, it’s never bombarded by summer crowds. A short drive or bike ride out of the oaks brings a handful of other great summer outing options also! I have a handful of must do’s within 10 miles of the city, making them an easy date night out or destination with the dog and little ones!
My top 5 North Oaks Neighborhood Summer Activities:
- Paddleboarding & kayaking on Pleasant Lake
- Acoustic Sunset Saturday & Wood Fired Pizza at the North Oaks Golf Club
- Beach Days at the Pleasant Lake Beach
- Summerfest, dog show and neighborhood parade, getting involved in float making for next year is top on my list!
- Hiking the miles of North Oaks, MN wooded trails with Turtle
My top 5 North Oaks City & Surrounding Area Summer Activities:
- Alfresco yoga & wine at the Dellwood winery, 7 Vines (their charcuterie & cheese tray is AMAZING)
- 2 flavor ice cream cone at The Big Dipper (personal favs; butter brickle & bubblegum)
- Morning bike ride for a glazed old-fashioned donut from Taste Of Scandinavia
- Sushi and view at Mizu Sushi on White Bear Lake
- Late summer apple picking and carmeled apple eating at Pine Tree Apple Orchard
The summers are short, if you don’t get a chance to try these activities just remember that its almost half over already so head out this weekend and do something fun!
**North Oaks Neighborhood is a private community, the amenities are available only to residents and guests of residents.