Happy Labor Day everyone! Hope you are having an amazing weekend with friends and family before the start of school and the unofficial start of the fall season. Fall always requires recipes filled with cinnamon, pumpkin maple syrup and apples fresh from the orchard!
Todays fresh lifestyle Monday recipe is perfect for a chilly fall morning and is loaded with vitamins, organic ingredients and all things fall!
The best, nutrient rich parts of this recipe are the pumpkin, coconut cream and pure maple syrup.
- Pumpkin: Aside from being perfect for pie and carving, pumpkin is known for being rich in Vitamin A and antioxidants. It’s very nutrient dense + low calorie count..although I have no idea how to count calories!
- Coconut Cream: High in potassium and magnesium + Lauric Acid, which can boost the immune system.
- Pure Maple Syrup: Higher in minerals than plain white sugar, this natural sweetener adds sweetness and also nutrition.
If this is too sweet for your liking, lighten up on the brown sugar and maple syrup. I have a mad sweet tooth going on right now with the new baby on the way and this true pumpkin pie inspired oatmeal bowl is exactly the healthy but sweet meal I need to curb my sugar cravings! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bowl
1 serving1/3 cup uncooked rolled oats (prepared how you like, I add oats to a mixture of 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup milk, boiling. Cook until liquid is absorbed)
1 1/2 Tbsp organic pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
1/2 Tbsp organic brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp organic, pure dark maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut cream slightly warmed to turn to liquid
1/3 cup chopped organic Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup halved walnuts
- Prepare oats, while cooking; mix pumpkin puree with brown sugar and set aside.
- Chop apples and measure out remaining ingredients in small bowls.
- Spoon prepared oats in a your serving bowl
- Top oatmeal with warmed coconut cream and maple syrup.
- Healthy dollop of pumpkin puree on top, add chopped apples and walnuts. Enjoy Warm!