Thanksgiving is a day that is all about stuffing yourself with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberries, sweet treats and then a nap (don’t forget the nap). To keep it interesting, I like when the meal is paired with a few twists on tradition like these cheese and ham filled bubbles of fresh, fluffy bread. “Bubble Bread” is great as an appetizer or as a substitution to traditional Thanksgiving biscuits! Not only are we sharing that cheesy treat, we’re also sharing a second recipe today! Of course, we love all things Turkey but the past few years a small ham has been a craveable addition to our traditional meal that is so poultry heavy. AND, it gives us some leftovers to make one of my favs Champagne Mustard & Orange Honey Ham Sandwiches.
These 2 recipes aren’t about eating fresh greens and whole foods, they are an indulgence we get to have a few times a year so take a break from those healthy eating plans for the day and enjoy!
1 loaf of Rhodes frozen bread dough, thawed.
1 block of marble jack cheese.
4-5 packages of Buddig Corned Beef.
3 tablespoons melted butter.
Bundt Cake Pan.
- Cut cheese into 1/2 inch squares.
- Cut thawed dough into equal sizes about 1″x 1″
- Wrap 2 slices of corned beef around a cheese chunk.
- Flatten a piece of bread dough and wrap around the meat and cheese, pressing the edges of the dough firmly at the seam. Place in the bundt pan and continue until all pieces are used up.
- Pour melted butter over the top of all of the bubble breads and lightly spread.
- Cover with seran wrap sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and allow to rise until the bubbles double in size.
- Place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until top of bubbles are slightly browned.
- Immediately turn over the bundt cake pan onto a plate. Pull apart each bubble to serve yourself. Best when served warm!
Next up is our favorite after Thanksgiving leftover treat. When you get sick of reheating the traditional meal, whip up one of these!
Champagne Mustard & Orange Honey Ham Sandwiches
Leftover Baked Ham.
Left Over Thanksgiving Rolls.
Kowalskis Champagne Mustard.
Mitica Orange Blossom Honey.
- Cut slices of ham to fit your roll size, preferably thick chunks.
- Slice roll in half
- Heat the ham and roll slightly, separately.
- Spread a hearty amount of Champagne Mustard onto the roll
- Add slices of ham and drizzle with Orange Flower Honey