Well, where do I start? The past year flew by and also had more packed in than I generally pack in in 2 years! I do a review every New Years but this one is a bit more introspective and appreciative than the others as the year was full with out new baby girl!
On January 12, 2019 our daughter Sloane was born. I can’t think of a better way to start off the year. She came 9 days late and I was excited to have her share my birthday month, lots of birthday trip plans for the future! I barely remember those first few months but it sure was wild, I kept a few of my clients during this time but took a few months off to focus on a majorly new life with my little.
In real estate life, it was perfectly busy through the year. I closed on 3 new construction properties plus closings with all of my other wonderful clients pre-existing homes around the Twin Cities far exceeding my goal of $6 million in sales for the year! I expected to see a slow down with 3 months of maternity leave but the work kept coming and I am so grateful to my clients.
With 2019 a wrap, I am now taking on new real estate and/or design clients for 2020 if you are ready to start prepping to buy or sell! I have a handful of projects and homes in the pipeline for the year so don’t wait!
Here it goes, my year in review of 2019 in business life and a little smatter of personal life!
- #1 experience of 2019; had a baby, love of my life!
- $6.8 million in real estate sales for 2019!
- 3 new construction homes completed and closed.
- Honored to be voted as a 2019 Best Real Estate Professional; Mn Monthly & Midwest Home
- Survived 10 days alone with my new babe while Dan headed to Park City, Utah to compete in Sno Cross 2019.
- Ruby Distinction Award for sales volume by Engel & Volkers Americas
- Panelist on the Creative’s Counsel spring seminar at WeWork
- Featured on the cover of North Oaks Living magazine
- Heat n Glo’s “Designer on Fire”; our project in print and currently displayed at Mall of America!
- Baptized our little peanut at the same church where we were married 10 years ago!
- Completed multiple renovations in our own home plus a full living room renovation project in North Oaks
- Closed 2 of the trickiest deals of my career; left me feeling very pessimistic about the industry but affirmed the importance of working with good people and following my gut not the sale.
- Panelist for Lab Mpls’s Lab Talks; Speaking alongside influencers + brands about the benefits of partnerships
- Artisan Home Tour with WINC; this Hendel was my fav!
- Hosted my clients and friends at Basilica Block Party and Soiree!
- Traveled to Florida with the fam; Sloane got her wings from flying for the first time.
- Partnered with some amazing brands; Sunbrella, Marvin, Urban Floors…to name a few!
- Chicago girls trip; checked off a bucket list item by heading out on a mini yacht to the “playpen” on Lake Michigan. This picture pretty much sums up my giddiness about being on my first mini vaca 7 months after having Sloane!
- First taste of cotton candy; for Sloane, not me.
- Attended a Pj Fleck speaking event last summer; a lesson in sports politics and persistence, people were very skeptical of him and this season he did exactly what he said he would!
- Epic cooking class with Chef Fhima; my client turned good friend let me tag along on this amazing experience!
- My littlest bro got married at the gorgeous venue near our hometown, Pinewood Event Center!
- Almost purchased a vacation rental property; never came to agreement on terms so I’m still on the look out!
- Placed new tenants in both of our rental properties (one is coming on the market this spring).
- Last but not least, we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary!! Dinner at Burch and then a short jaunt to Chicago with the hubs where we luxuriated in the Aire Ancient Baths, heaven! Highlight of the year!